TWITTER

FB

PINTEREST

GOOGLEPLUS
LEFTHOMEREADER TEACHER AUTHORRESEARCHER MOTHERABOUT MERIGHT
HEADER BOTTOM LEFTHEADER BOTTOM RIGHT

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Books

My son has gotten "into" the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney.  I told him earlier this year about them and just knew he'd love the combination of comic/chapter book format of it.

I wanted to be able to talk about them with him, so he's been checking out of the classroom library and his borrowing from friends the books one at a time and passing it to me, and then I pass it to my husband.   Then we all laugh at the same inside jokes like the Cheese Touch, get annoyed at Rodrick the mean big brother, and worry about Manny the little brother.  I'm not sure if we'll see the movie or not, but we sure love the books!  They were originally submitted daily by Jeff Kinney on funbrain.com and then became published into books due to their popularity.


Here is the first one that my husband read in a day.


The one I finished in the bathtub last night.  



The third book none of us have read yet.


This is the one Carter got for Christmas.  



Book number four  and the one I'm going to read once Carter is done with it.


Here is the next one that will be released on November 9th, 2011.


On the authors official website there's a fun spot to "wimp yourself"  found at http://www.wimpyourself.com/?w=b24cf2541b71336319736d4a8.



1 comment: