TWITTER

FB

PINTEREST

GOOGLEPLUS
LEFTHOMEREADER TEACHER AUTHORRESEARCHER MOTHERABOUT MERIGHT
HEADER BOTTOM LEFTHEADER BOTTOM RIGHT

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Ten Bad Teachers

Gathered from Time.com found HERE is a list of the top 10 worst teachers ever.  What do you think?  I could add a few I've met in real life.

10.  Charlie Brown's Teacher


9.  Mr. Herbert Garrison on South Park



8.  Miss Viola Swamp, Miss Nelson is Missing



7. Dolores Jane Umbridge, Harry Potter


6.  Edna Krabappel, The Simpsons


5.  Mrs. Gorf, Sideways Stories from Wayside School

4.  Sue Sylvester, Glee


3.  Miss Trunchbull, Matilda


2.  Professor Furlong, The Faculty (haven't seen myself...so I don't know)

1.  Sheba Hart, Notes on a Scandal (also haven't seen)

Any missing off the list that you can think of?

5 comments:

  1. Dolores Umbridge always gets my number one vote (in some ways she trumps Voldemort in the evil stakes). Thought Miss Jean Brodie (Muriel Spark The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie) deserved a nomination too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Umbridge for sure.

    When I recently gave my middle school theater students an assignment that asked them to dramatize a story about Ms. Gorf, one of the things they had to do before writing was read the chapter and identify the protagonist. All 29 kids identified Ms. Gorf--not Louis, not one of the kids. I mean, I guess she does get eaten at the end? But I found that really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Viola Swamp actually scared me when I was little. I was afraid that our teacher would disappear and we'd get a mean version instead!

    I think author Lois Duncan wrote about some bad teachers, too. (Daughters of Eve, Killing Mr. Griffin...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATED Uxbridge, but I think there were several more very bad teachers in Harry Potter that went unmentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! Miss Agnetha Trunchbull is definitely scary.

    ReplyDelete