TWITTER

FB

PINTEREST

GOOGLEPLUS
LEFTHOMEREADER TEACHER AUTHORRESEARCHER MOTHERABOUT MERIGHT
HEADER BOTTOM LEFTHEADER BOTTOM RIGHT

Friday, September 30, 2011

Timpanogos Storytelling Festival

I finally was able to attend a storytelling festival that I've wanted to go to here in Utah for years.  I went with my grandmother, mother and sister and we had so. much. fun.  Professional storytellers from around the country, child storytellers who won local contests and puppeteers attended for three days of fun workshops.  By the end, we had some favorite tellers and could distinguish the variety of telling styles.

I also shamed myself in the gift store trying to play with the puppets.  I'm much better in my head than dialogue-ing out loud.  The gift store was so tempting but I controlled myself and took some pictures of the books suggested to aid in storytelling and oral language.

If you've never been to this festival, then plan on it for next Labor Day.  Totally worth it!








No comments:

Post a Comment