TWITTER

FB

PINTEREST

GOOGLEPLUS
LEFTHOMEREADER TEACHER AUTHORRESEARCHER MOTHERABOUT MERIGHT
HEADER BOTTOM LEFTHEADER BOTTOM RIGHT

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Newbery Author's New Book



For those of you who read the Newbery Award winning book last year, The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman, then you might like to see his new book. It is a collection of poems that are quite creative. One of the poem examples can be found at this site:

http://www.endicott-studio.com/cofhs/cofinstr.html

As I looked back over his body of work, he has a dark streak. In his own words,

"Despite all that, Gaiman, 49, said he's "not a horror aficionado."
"I'm probably more like a cook who uses horror as a herb or as a condiment. I love tossing in something that will send a little frisson of something or other up someone's spine. But I don't want to live there a year writing a book."
While "The Graveyard Book" is set in a cemetery, where an orphaned boy is raised by ghosts after his family is murdered, Gaiman said it's really a book about life and leaving home. His latest book "Instructions," is a poem about how to survive a fairy tale.



1 comment:

  1. I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman, but I have seen Stardust which was made from one of his books. I will say from what I've seen and heard he definitely has an interesting imagination.

    ReplyDelete